THE C.E.O. MINDSET
THE C.E.O. MINDSET
Entrepreneurship is an extremely gutsy endeavor, that requires substantial commitments of time and other resources. To get a business off the ground presents its own challenges and then there is the delicate balancing act of keeping the business successful. For years, we were given a success formula which says; go to school get a good education, this will get you a good job. Do great at that job and you will have the honor of retiring with a Citizens watch or an engraved Cross pen and a pension.
The reality is, many have gone that route and found that both the path and the outcome have brought very little fulfillment. In recent years, more people have become open to the prospect of foregoing the security of a corner office and its perceived benefits. They are opting instead for the risks of entrepreneurship and the expectation of greater financial and emotional rewards.
I like to refer it as the age of "entrepreneurial awareness" but does this new enthusiasm and appetite for risk guarantee success? No, starting and running a successful business requires so much more than that. Of all the resources, you will need, by far the most important is mindset. If you are going to win at entrepreneurship you must cultivate a C.E.O mindset.
Here are 5 crucial characteristics of the C.E.O Mindset:
- Be clear on your areas of strength and how best to utilize them for the growth of your business.
- Know your gaps or areas of opportunity and have the willingness to address them
- Willingness to delegate and outsource as necessary
- Committed to goal setting and strategic planning
- Able to manage time efficiently
- Avoid overwhelm - break big goals into smaller actionable tasks
- Honor commitments
- Be willing to under promise and over deliver
- Results oriented - taking responsibility not given to making excuses
- Know when to say no
- Able to plan effectively and efficiently
- Respectful of other people’s time - not prone to tardiness
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines
- Able to filter and eliminate distractions
- Able to effectively manage change
No comments at this time. Be the first! Post yours by clicking here